Saturday, April 10, 2010

Oatmeal Cookies


I went out to dinner last nite with my cousin Bailey and her boyfriend Sean.  good thing there are recipes in my cookbook for desserts!
the ingredients*:
2 c. All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp.  Kosher Salt
1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
2 Eggs @ room temperature
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 c. Unsalted Butter @ room temperature
2 c. firmly packed Light Brown Sugar
2 c. Rolled Oats or Quick-Cooking Oats**
1 c. raisins

* the recipe yielded 48 cookies, I cut it in half for myself.  the ingredients list above reflects what the cookbook says.
** I used Pinhead Oats because it's what I had in my cupboard.

lets just say that this cookie dough is probably the most delicious cookie dough I have EVER eaten out of the bowl...
I am not above using an ice cream scoop to get matching cookies!  this moo scoop was one of Jake's birthday gifts from our little nieces.  it's my favorite to use when making cookies.

the recipe called for the cookies to be baked for 10 min., or "until the edges of the cookies are golden brown and the centers are barely cooked."  I suffered a little trepidation about this, because my oven is unreliable...  I baked them for 12 minutes.

cooked all the way thru- whew!

these cookies were moist, delicious and perfectly chewy (how I prefer cookies).  the ratio of cinnamon-oatmeal-raisin in every bite was just delightful.  Jake would give these "two-thumps-up" for sure.

in closing I'll leave you with my grocery list for the weekend:
 
are you excited?!
~pam

No comments:

Post a Comment