Sunday, April 11, 2010

Peanut Butter Toast with Icy-Cold Banana Milk


breakfast this morning consisted of something I usually make, just not with Challah or Maple Syrup.  it was good- nothing special or worth making when your in-laws come to visit, but I suspect if you have children this would be a nice twist to present to them.
the ingredients:
2 slices of Challah
2 c. Milk
2 small, ripe Bananas
1/4 c. Maple Syrup
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
3 tbsp. Peanut Butter
Honey for drizzling
Powdered Sugar for dusting
pinch of Nutmeg

now that I write this I realize I left out the Vanilla.  that totally sucks because that's typically my favorite sweetness when it comes to banana milk.  (Nutmeg is my #1 favorite part.)

we'll talk about the toast first: like I said, it's nothing spectacular, but is good to eat.  toasted bread, heated peanut butter and honey is a favorite flavor combination of mine.  I just wouldn't go out of your way to find Challah bread like I did (i.e. go to 4 different grocery stores).  I am more interested in the french toast recipe  that calls for Challah than I am in using it in this recipe!  I didn't use the Powdered Sugar because I think it bears no flavor and just gets messy.


the milk: the authors say they started making this because one of their son's wouldn't drink regular milk.  my milk was super thick so I'd like to meet the child that could suck this stuff through a bottle!  I had to cut mine with about 1/2 c. more milk.  it is really frothy and has a great banana flavor to it.  I didn't notice the Maple Syrup at all...  until I got to the bottom of the glass and found it all sitting there.  if you want to know how I make my banana milk, just ask and I'll share the recipe sometime.

I got these awesome plates from foldedpigs on Etsy.

I couldn't finish.  but I had one bite right about here that really made me want to.  it just got too heavy between the milk, Challah and warmed peanut butter.

I'm off to Borders.  they have some really cute Owl glassware that I've been successfully avoiding for about a month now.  I'm also going to stop by the Humor section and check out Regretsy's new book.

oh!  I also got an awesome vote of confidence from my mother who told me my pictures look like they belong in a magazine.  (I wonder if that means you all really think I'm making this stuff?!)  she's so cute.  she also wants to try the Eggs Benedict recipe- she really loves eggs.  A LOT.

I hope to see you back for dinner!
~pam

No comments:

Post a Comment