Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Lemony-Tarragon Crab Dip with Salt & Vinegar Chips

this recipe was also used for my work pot-luck.

the ingredients:
1/4 c. (1 oz) cream cheese
3 tbsp. finely chopped red onion
2 tbsp.mayonaise
1 tbsp. plus 1 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. chopped fresh Tarragon
2 tsp. chopped fresh Dill
1/2 tsp. lemon zest
8 oz. fresh crab meat
1/4 c. finely chopped cucumber
Salt and Vinegar chips for serving

I have a soft spot in my heart for crab dips.  in general, I feel like you can't go wrong mixing cream cheese with ANYTHING.  so you imagine my disappointment when I see only 1/4 c. being called for in this recipe...

I didn't like this dip one bit.  some thoughts from co-workers:
"it's not bad, but it's not like 'ohmigod this is SO GOOD."
"it would be better warm."
"what if you put it on a crustini and warmed it thru?"
"I don't know what it is, but it isn't bad."
"the artichoke dip is really good!"

they're right- it wasn't bad.  but it also wasn't full of cream cheesey goodness.

I have to give props to the authors of the recipe because they will also give conversions for dried herbs if fresh aren't available.  but...

I guess you can tell what I would have done to improve upon this recipe.
~pam

No comments:

Post a Comment